Keto Grain-Free Mini Meatloaf
Yields 2-4 loaves
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ onion, chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T organic tomato paste
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T dried Italian herbs
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t ground pepper
- 2 scoops ForestLeaf Advanced Collagen Peptides
- Additional balsamic vinegar, fresh chopped herbs, organic ketchup (optional for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and have a lined baking sheet ready.
2.In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well with a fork or clean hands. Allow the meatloaf mix to rest for 10 minutes to allow the Beef Gelatin to gel up, then mix gently again. Portion the meat into 2-4 smaller meatloaf shapes, as desired.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a bit of high-heat cooking oil (avocado oil, lard, or tallow work well). Place the meatloaves into the hot pan and sear on both sides, flipping them gently to keep them from falling apart. Move the seared loaves to the lined sheet pan and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 8-12 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink (if making 2 loaves, aim for the longer cook time; for 4 smaller loaves, use the shorter cook time).
4. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5 minutes before taking them off the sheet pan. Enjoy immediately with fresh herbs, a drizzle of balsamic, or a little organic ketchup, as desired.